Rosi Schuster Aus Den Dorfern Weis Gruner / Gemischter Satz 2018 - Blend of 60% Gruner Veltliner with remaining 40% made up of local varieties. (glad I don't have to try to pronounce it out loud!)
Very subtle and inviting on the nose. On the palate super gorgeous texture, like WOW texture – saline smooth, begging me to take another sip. Full, round edges, slight lemon peel but without any extra acid lift. Honestly have not had a Gruner this good in memory (though it was 100% at the time of tasting). Was always impressed with the Wachau but it’s cheaper and doesn’t have the body – much more acid. I think we’re all going to become Gruner Veltliner fans!?
Day 2 – Seriously I’m beyond a fan at this point – freaking gorgeous! Fat, alcoholic, generous, perfect balance - one I'll be reaching for more than once!
@balancewineco standard? YES